Non-Toxic Homemade Laundry Detergent
No Bake Blueberry Energy Bites
Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
5 from 1 vote(s)
|Total time:||55 minutes|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
Adapted from Genius Kitchen
An easy to prepare soup, excellent for chilly days!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 28 ounce can of diced plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup uncooked pasta of your choice (ditalini or elbow work great!)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pan except the pasta and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered pan on low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions until past a is al dente (approximately 10-12 minutes).
September 15, 2020
This easy minestrone recipe is simple, fresh, and delicious. If your diet allows any extra sodium I recommend Parmesan cheese on top before serving. I prefer to use a good quality shaved Parmesan. I first made this when I was searching desperately for some new extremely low sodium recipes one winter to make before my father underwent a liver transplant.