Celebrate springtime’s finest vegetable in a soup packed with nutrient-rich asparagus!
- 2 pounds thin asparagus, tough ends removed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium leeks finely chopped, white and light green parts
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 4 Tbsp flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Cut the asparagus tips off, finely chop and set aside. Cut the asparagus stalks into 1/2″ pieces.
- In a pot over medium heat, add 2 cups of vegetable stock, asparagus, leeks, onions, potatoes and celery. Cover and simmer until asparagus is tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor, add flour and process until very smooth.
- Pour the blended soup back into the pot and add the remaining vegetable stock, nutmeg and reserved asparagus tips. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until the tips are tender and bright green.
It is light, easy to cook testy .
I did everything as per recipe, but I put a little turkey meat , fry a little and tossed in soup
Put all the seasoning , to give a little umff .., and I give to everybody on my family , everything was gone in 15 minutes. Well I will try again tomorrow and make s big pot , everybody was asking when I will do again , tomorrow.
Thank you to share with all of us . I forgot totally about poor asparagus which is so good for our health .