Roasted Beet Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
|Total time:||7 hours 10 minutes|
|Prep time:||10 mins|
|Cook time:||Approx 7 hours|
This vegetarian, split pea soup recipe uses smoked paprika in place of ham. Easy slow cooker homemade comfort food.
- 1 pound (16 oz.) dried split peas, sorted
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, large diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed (or 1 tsp dried thyme leaves)
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- Quickly rinse your sorted split peas and drain.
- Add all of your ingredients to your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the cover on your slow cooker and set to the low setting, 6-8 hours.
- Once finished cooking, remove the bay leaf, and using a whisk break up the peas by stirring the soup. If you like a thinner soup add additional broth or water until you get the consistency you like. If you like a creamier soup, using an immersion blender to pulse the soup a few times for a smoother, yet still chunky texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serving suggestion: Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and/or croutons!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.