Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
|Total time:||25 mins|
|Prep time:||5 mins|
|Cook time:||20 mins|
Want something satisfying and savory and you want it NOW? This easy Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry is a winner! Using ingredients you already have in your kitchen and is ready from start to finish in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced to 1/8-inch thick
- 2 cups broccoli florets (frozen is just fine!), cut to bite-size
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl (a large liquid measuring cup works well for this!) whisk together the chicken broth (or water), soy sauce, and honey.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat then add broccoli and carrots cooking until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli and carrots from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel and heat another drizzle of oil in the same pan over high heat then add the chicken pieces and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water (make sure it is cold water) until no lumps are remaining.
- Pour the chicken broth mixture into the pan and cook for 30 seconds followed by the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious on its own or with rice or stir-fry rice noodles.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.