Fudgy Flourless Banana Muffins
5 from 1 vote(s)
|Total time:||45 minutes|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Serving size:||1 muffin|
Adapted from chocolatecoveredkatie.com
A delicious dessert or snack that is free of gluten, oil, dairy and refined sugar. What’s not to love!
- 1/2 cup quick oats or quinoa flakes, loosely packed (40g)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) mashed over-ripe banana (120g)
- 1 can white beans, drained, rinsed REALLY well, and patted dry (250g without liquid)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly substitution
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional handful mini chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, shredded coconut, pinch cinnamon, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 8-9 muffin cups.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender or high-quality food processor. (If using a blender without a tamper, stop occasionally to stir ingredients with a spoon so they will blend evenly.)
- Pour into the muffin cups – don’t overfill or they will rise and then sink in the centers.
- Bake 20 minutes. They will look underdone – let sit 20 minutes and they will firm up.
These muffins are supposed to be fudgy, not fluffy and flour-y like traditional muffins. Muffins last for 3-4 days refrigerated or 2-3 weeks frozen.
For more details and great reviews visit www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com.
April 25, 2023
I made these to take for a theme park trip, and they were very soft, chewy, and very good.