Many commercially available laundry detergents – using surfactants, artificial fragrances, petroleum distillates – may be putting your liver at risk. If you are living with liver disease, consider making a change to a homemade, non-toxic alternative.
- 1 bar of Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile bar soap (either scented or unscented as you prefer)
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- Finely grate the castile soap either with a box grater or by using the grater attachment on a food processor.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a large container with an airtight lid.
- How to use the laundry detergent: Use 1 tablespoon per regular load. If you are doing a large load or clothes that are heavily dirty, use 2 tablespoons per load.