Vegan Lentil Soup with Kale
Tilapia, Asparagus and Spicy Mint Gremolata
|Total time:||33 mins|
|Prep time:||8 mins|
|Cook time:||25 mins|
A brothy tomato based soup with fresh vegetables and tortellini making it hearty enough for a main course.
A great, brothy soup to make in the summer months when organic zucchini, scallions, basic, oregano and tomatoes are plentiful. Using your own jarred tomatoes instead of crushed, canned tomatoes, as well as fresh basil and oregano will give the soup a fresh pop!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to coat the bottom of a large saucepan)
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1-2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 4 scallions (green onions)
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken stock
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes (preferably one that is already seasoned with basil and oregano; if not, then you will need to add these spices separately to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Approx 10-12oz fresh or frozen tortellini (cheese or meat filled)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium soup pot or large saucepan.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, celery, potato and scallions.
- SautÃ© over moderate heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to become soft.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, and salt to the pot.
- Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a low boil.
- Add the tortellini and bring the soup back to a low boil. Cook for 2 minutes, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- Gently stir in the pepper during the last minute or so.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.