If you need some healthy inspiration for your next Taco Tuesday, look no further. The quick pickled vegetables create a delicious Asian-inspired taco that is over the top!
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber (seedless)
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar (divided in half)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 4 small scallions, white parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- 12 small tortillas
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- To a small bowl, add the cucumbers, radishes, vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together and set aside for the flavors to combine.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add the scallions and cabbage to the pan and cook until softened, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To the pan, add pork, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Break the meat up into pieces as it cooks and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally (it will continue to cook after adding additional ingredients).
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha (optional), to the pan and stir to combine. Once liquid has reduced slightly, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Heat the tortillas by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and placing them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Build your tacos: Spread a small amount of sour cream in the center of your tortilla, add your pork filling, a sprinkling of chopped cilantro and, using a slotted spoon, retrieve the pickled cucumbers and radishes and place on top of the meat mixture.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.