No Bake Blueberry Energy Bites
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cashew Bars
Sesame Pork Tacos
5 from 1 vote(s)
|Total time:||Approximately 35 minutes|
|Prep time:||25 minutes|
|Cook time:||Approximately 10 minutes|
|Serving size:||3 tacos|
Adapted from Hello Fresh
If you need some healthy inspiration for your next Taco Tuesday, look no further. The quick pickled vegetables create a delicious Asian-inspired taco that is over the top!
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber (seedless)
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar (divided in half)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 4 small scallions, white parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha (optional)
- 12 small tortillas
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- To a small bowl, add the cucumbers, radishes, vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together and set aside for the flavors to combine.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add the scallions and cabbage to the pan and cook until softened, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To the pan, add pork, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Break the meat up into pieces as it cooks and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally (it will continue to cook after adding additional ingredients).
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, Sriracha (optional), to the pan and stir to combine. Once liquid has reduced slightly, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Heat the tortillas by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and placing them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Build your tacos: Spread a small amount of sour cream in the center of your tortilla, add your pork filling, a sprinkling of chopped cilantro and, using a slotted spoon, retrieve the pickled cucumbers and radishes and place on top of the meat mixture.
Mind blowing amazing recipe!
October 12, 2022
We made this tonight and it was so delicious! We subbed red bell pepper strips for radishes (forgot to buy them) and it was still amazing – thanks!