Sweet potatoes (not to be confused with yams) are a great way to incorporate food from different colors of the rainbow into your diet. Honey brings out the sweetness in the sweet potato – a little goes a long way!
While the honey will help bring out the sweetness of the potato, the lemon juice cuts the sweetness a bit so that the flavor is more lively and less dull. The addition of fresh herbs at the end bring additional excitement, but the dish is great even without. Don’t have honey? You can substitute the honey with pure maple syrup.
Nutrition facts are estimates gained from www.myfitnesspal.com. This information can differ based on brands of ingredients used.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley or rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread diced sweet potatoes on baking sheet.
- Mix olive oil, honey, and lemon juice together in a small bowl and pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper and toss with clean hands to coat each potato, spreading the potatoes out in a single layer.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender, stirring them occasionally to help brown evenly.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley or rosemary.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.