The best crispy BAKED zucchini fries with just a few ingredients – no special tools and no need to fry!
- 2 to 3 medium zucchini cut into fries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk (whatever kind you like)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In shallow bowl or pie plate mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder and optional Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- In another bowl pour your milk.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate add the bread crumbs.
- Dip the zucchini into the flour mixture, then into the milk, then into the breadcrumbs and place the zucchini onto the lined baking sheet leaving space between each piece.
- Bake 20 minutes or until desired crispiness. NOTE: For extra crispiness, you can finish in the broiler for approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite marinara, dairy-free ranch or tzatziki sauce.
Maybe I wasn’t doing it right, but the flour got lost in the milk and then the milk made the bread crumbs doughy when I tried to make it. It’s a good idea, but the bread crumbs were just not sticking to the zucchini when I made it