No Cream Needed – Creamed Corn
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||5 minutes|
Editors at LiverSupport.com
Delicious creamed corn without heavy cream or half and half. All the “cream” comes directly from the corn!
- 8 large ears of corn, husks removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your corn: Place a box grater into a large high sided bowl or on a large sheet pan. Consider also placing a sheet pan up against any wall you will be grating near to prevent corn from spraying the walls. If using a bowl, you can also prevent splatter by wrapping plastic wrap like a tent loosely around the bowl and grater, allowing space for your hand and the corn. Over the large grater holes, grate the corn down to the cob.
- One at a time, place a “de-corned’ cob into a bowl so that one end is on the bottom of the bowl, one hand is holding the other end of the cob and using the back of a knife or edge of a metal spoon scrape down the bare cob to press out any of the remaining corn milk into the bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the corn and collected corn milk to the saucepan and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, while stirring frequently, until the mixture is sweet and creamy. If it seems to be getting too thick/dry you can add a few tablespoons of water to thin down the consistency as desired.
- Taste and add salt if necessary for your particular taste. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter or olive oil and remove from the heat. Serve hot.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.