Sweetened with honey and just the right touch of spices, the pumpkin still shines through in this yummy pumpkin bread!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup honey (real maple syrup can be substituted)
- 2 Tbsps melted and cooled coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup vanilla or plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Adjust racks in oven so that the bread can be placed in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray an 8″x4″ loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper so that the paper extends over the long sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat honey and oil at medium speed until combined.
- Add pumpkin, egg, yogurt, and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to your wet mixture until just combined.
- Fold pecans into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading out evenly and bake for 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Use the parchment paper to carefully lift the cake from the pan. Let cool completely on rack before slicing.
This recipe was simple and actually very good, considering there is no sugar. But, in the recipe when to add the pumpkin puree was omitted. I added it when I added the pecans.
Response from LiverSupport.com
Oh no, sorry about that. Recipe has been updated. So glad you liked it!