Brussels sprouts are in season in October and you can sometimes find them in your local market still on the stalk. Brussels sprouts, like other cruciferous vegetables can help with detoxification.
While some may find Brussels sprouts not palatable, roasting fresh sprouts brings out a sweeter side and decreases their sometimes bitter/earthy flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts evenly onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until the outside of the Brussels sprouts are crisp and the inside is tender. Make sure to shake the pan periodically to roll the sprouts so that they brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.