Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherry, KALE Ice Pops
Delicious Iced Coffee
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon & Thyme
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||25 minutes|
Editors at LiverSupport.com
Instead of limp boiled asparagus (yuck), or bland steamed asparagus, roasting asparagus gets the tips crispy and the flavor becomes more concentrated and complex. Try this wonderful side dish tonight.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they’re thick, peel the bottom half of each stalk.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven, sprinkle with thyme and toss.
- Drizzle on lemon juice, sprinkle with zest (optional) and serve.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.