Make this large batch for yourself to enjoy for days or for a large crowd!
- 1 pound ground coffee (dark or French roast preferred)
- 8 quarts cold water
- Any milk (optional)
- Natural sweetener to taste (optional)
- In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.
- When the time is up, line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to chill.
- To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add milk and natural sweetener of your choice, to taste. Stir and enjoy!
If you dislike watered down iced coffee, make sure to freeze some of the coffee in ice cube trays. Use these “coffee cubes” in instead of regular ones.