Summertime means grilling time, and we all know what that means: burger season. Many people love a good juicy burger, but when you have a liver issue red meat isn’t on the top of your ‘must eat’ list. This chicken burger got rave reviews for it’s wonderful flavor and juiciness. Try it out at your next barbecue!
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 2 cups coarse to fine fresh bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated sweet onion (or finely, finely minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Special Note: To make fresh breadcrumbs, tear good bread into chunks and pulse in a food processor.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold in milk, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, onion, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place remaining 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs on a dinner plate or cookie sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Divide chicken meat into 4 or 5 piles (you decide which portion size is best for you) and using your hands, shape into patties. Now, the mixture will be very wet and tricky to form, however dampening your hands with water first can make the process a bit easier.
- Coat each patty with bread crumbs.
- Fry the patties until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately on your favorite bun with your favorite accompaniments.
Juicy Chicken Burgers
My husband and I have had these burgers several times and they don’t disappoint ever. They are so good and we have also used Turkey burger before and they come out fine. Definitely a great burger!!!