These Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes can be made the day before and reheated in time for dinner. PLUS no brown sugar caramel sauce and marshmallows – instead a delicious, healthier alternative!
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat and spread the potatoes out evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake the for 15 minutes. Uncover (leave the cover off for the rest of the cooking), stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes for one hour or until potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
To make this ahead of time, cook the recipe completely then cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. 40 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake until hot (about 15 to 30 minutes depending on how full your oven is).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.