With sweetness from dates and maple syrup, these pecan pie cookies are a healthier option so you don’t feel like you’re missing out on the Christmas cookie temptations certain to come your way.
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 1/4 cup blanched almond flour, gently packed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Cover the chopped dates in 1 cup of hot water and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir until the coconut oil is just melted and then remove from heat.
- Drain and discard the hot water from the dates, and pour the contents of the saucepan and dates in a blender. Blend until smooth, pour back into the saucepan (so you don’t dirty another bowl) and then stir in the sea salt and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Whisk in the coconut oil until the dough resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla, and one tablespoon almond milk. Add another tablespoon of almond milk only if the dough needs more moisture to pull it together.
- Roll the dough into balls (using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough each) and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls of dough and use your fingers or the back of a tablespoon to make an indentation in the middle of the cookies.
- Generously fill the cookies with the pecan pie filling (and I do mean generously fill, otherwise you will be left with a lot of filling left over).
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet before removing.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.