Delicious, healthy and beautiful on your plate. This colorful Greek salad is sure to please.
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and large-diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- 4 ounces feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup black or calamata olives, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. To emulsify the vinaigrette, slowly add the olive oil while still whisking.
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables then add the feta (if desired) and olives and toss lightly.
Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.