Enjoy a pasta salad at your next barbecue that isn’t loaded with mayo, but is full of colorful veggies.
- 1 pound penne rigate or fusilli pasta
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick planks
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick planks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons store-bought pesto
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Brush the corn, yellow squash, zucchini, bell pepper and scallions lightly with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the corn, turning frequently, until cooked through and the kernels are charred, about 10 minutes. Grill the zucchini and squash slices, turning once, until charred but not mushy, about 2 minutes per side. Grill the pepper slices until they are charred on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Grill the scallions whole, turning them frequently, until charred and soft, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the pesto, olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the kernels off the corn, chop the scallions and add them to the dressing.
- Cut the yellow squash, zucchini and bell peppers into 1/2-inch pieces and add them to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the pasta, grape tomatoes and parsley, and gently toss until everything is coated with the dressing.
Serve at room temperature.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.