Not just great tasting, a fresh, ripe, juicy peach is also high in antioxidants. The natural sweetness of a ripe peach means excessive sweeteners aren’t necessary. Give this ‘cleaner’ version of a crumble a try!
- 4 extra large peaches, diced (or 5-6 medium)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp alcohol-free almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or millet flour)
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the diced peaches, cornstarch, almond extract, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, and remaining cinnamon. Add in the agave and coconut oil, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Spread the peach mixture into a 2 quart baking dish, and evenly sprinkle the oat crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the peach juice is bubbling and the oat mixture turns crunchy. Cool completely to room temperature. For best results, let the crumble rest for 2 hours after coming to room temperature before serving to allow the juices to thicken.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.