Cauliflower is being used in genius ways—bread for grilled cheese sandwiches, ‘mock’ mashed potatoes, pizza crust. These cauliflower fritters are another healthy option that won’t let you down!
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour (whatever your preference)
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Coconut oil
- Break down the cauliflower florets and cook it either by steaming or simmering in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and while it’s still warm, chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces (or pulse in a food processor).
- Mix the cauliflower with the chili powder, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to cauliflower mixture along with corn meal, flour and nutritional yeast.
- Heat up a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mixture to the pan and lightly press down the fritter so that it is flattened.
- Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes per side.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.