|Total time:||30-40 minutes|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||25-35 minutes|
Approximately 10 fritters
|Serving size:||1/4 cup|
Adapted from Cocinerita.com
Cauliflower is being used in genius ways—bread for grilled cheese sandwiches, ‘mock’ mashed potatoes, pizza crust. These cauliflower fritters are another healthy option that won’t let you down!
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour (whatever your preference)
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Coconut oil
- Break down the cauliflower florets and cook it either by steaming or simmering in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and while it’s still warm, chop the cauliflower into tiny pieces (or pulse in a food processor).
- Mix the cauliflower with the chili powder, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to cauliflower mixture along with corn meal, flour and nutritional yeast.
- Heat up a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mixture to the pan and lightly press down the fritter so that it is flattened.
- Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes per side.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.