A wonderfully healthy pizza! Make more than one crust and freeze it for later.
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (5 to 6 cups)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tomato thinly sliced (optional)
- Place a pizza stone or baking sheet (upside down) in the oven; preheat to 475 degrees F.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- Pour the cauliflower onto a clean kitchen towel and twist both ends to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, some black pepper and the egg. Mix until the mixture holds together when pinched.
- Line the pizza peel or a second upside down baking sheet with parchment paper; liberally brush with olive oil. Spread the cauliflower mixture into a 12-inch-wide circle on the parchment. Slide the parchment onto the preheated pizza stone or the baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the cauliflower crust is barely golden and darker at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven, sprinkle with half the mozzarella FIRST and then spread the marinara sauce over the top (this keeps the crust dry) then apply the remaining mozzarella. Top with tomato slices (optional). Slide the pizza back onto the pizza stone or baking sheet and bake until bubbly and browned in spots, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and scatter the basil over the top. Slice and serve.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.