A fall recipe recommended by the American Liver Foundation.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 (2 or 3 pounds) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Mascarpone Topping:
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place a large pot over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add onions, leeks, and apples. Cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock, bring to a boil then decrease temperature and simmer approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the mascarpone topping, combine all the ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- When squash is fork tender, blend soup with an immersion blender (or alternatively remove squash and apple chucks with slotted spoon and puree in a blender and return to the soup).
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and place a dollop of mascarpone topping in center for serving.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.