Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Better Than P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
|Total time:||55 minutes to Overnight + 55 minutes|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||50 minutes|
|Serving size:||Approximately 1/2 cup|
The Editors at LiverSupport.com
When many people think of chickpeas they think of hummus, but what about a crunchy alternative? Chickpeas are a wonderful snack option because they are high in fiber which can improve digestion, but also increase satiety thus reducing appetite.
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spread out the garbanzos on a baking sheet and let them dry, uncovered, in the refrigerator overnight OR if you aren’t able to do that, place the chickpeas on paper towels and dry them thoroughly.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and toss them with the olive oil until they are coated.
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with salt, toss again, then spread the chickpeas out in an even layer.
- Bake until crispy – about 50 minutes to 1 hour – shaking the pan about every ten minutes or so to allow the chickpeas to crisp evenly.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
To punch up the flavor try adding 1/2 teaspoon of dried spices such as cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper or ginger to the olive oil before tossing the chickpeas.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.