Better Than P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
|Total time:||20 minutes|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||10 minutes|
Adapted from Damndelicious.net
A healthy copycat recipe of P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps appetizer that can be made in 20 minutes – you might even think they’re tastier!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, and top with shredded carrot.
Too much sodium!!
This recipe has far too much sodium in it. Even if you use low sodium soy sauce, that is still 1200 mgs sodium just for the soy sauce, and the hoisin sauce adds even more. People with poorly functioning livers should restrict or eliminate sodium.
Easy & Delicious!
My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 cirrhosis and we have had to make a lot of changes to his diet. He is also diabetic so it is difficult finding recipes that work for all of his challenges. I am a long time foodie and want whatever I make to be good, this recipe covers all of our requirements. It’s healthy and easy and delicious. I’ve made them twice now and we both love them.