A healthy copycat recipe of P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps appetizer that can be made in 20 minutes – you might even think they’re tastier!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, and top with shredded carrot.
Easy & Delicious!
My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 cirrhosis and we have had to make a lot of changes to his diet. He is also diabetic so it is difficult finding recipes that work for all of his challenges. I am a long time foodie and want whatever I make to be good, this recipe covers all of our requirements. It’s healthy and easy and delicious. I’ve made them twice now and we both love them.