A modern, healthier version of the traditional beef meatloaf – lighter but still filling.
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup orange or red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats and milk and allow to soak for at least 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the tomato sauce. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5 inches wide and 2 inches high. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Satisfying Hearty Meal!
This was simple to make and came out great! I served it with Brown Rice and Roasted Broccoli for a Real Fall Meal Experience! We all Loved it!