These oatmeal cookies are full of fruit and cinnamon, and they’re incredibly soft and chewy. They’ll stay that way for an entire week if stored in an airtight container—if they last that long!
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup finely diced red apple (about 1 medium)
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil or butter, egg, vanilla. Once combined stir in the honey or maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients by stirring just until combined (overstirring can create tough cookies) then fold in the apple. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 equal rounded scoops (about 2 tablespoons) onto parchment lined baking sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
For more information or ingredient substitutions for this recipe visit https://amyshealthybaking.com/clean-eating-oatmeal-cookies-faq-video/