Stuffed peppers filled with just about anything are great, but when filled with ground turkey and veggies, they are even better than the traditional beef and rice.
- 4 red bell peppers (or whichever color you prefer)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers (and tops) in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the olive oil and then add the onion, mushrooms, zucchini, green and yellow bell pepper, and spinach, cooking until tender.
- Return turkey to the skillet and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Place the peppers into a sided casserole dish, replace tops (if desired), and bake for 15 minutes.
Great low carb option
I love this recipe, has made it into my regular rotation, added some spices to kick it up a bit.
Veggie stuffed peppers
Just a beautiful and delicious dish.