Try this twist on the classic Rice Krispies Treats™ recipe without any need to heat up a pot or use the microwave!
- 4 cups Gluten Free puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Prepare an 8″x8″ baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- If you’re using vanilla extract, combine it will all remaining ingredients (except dark chocolate) in a medium bowl until all of the cereal is coated with peanut butter and honey.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the prepared pan and gently press it down into the pan and corners.
- If you’re using chocolate, drizzle the top of the bars with the melted dark chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator 1 hour to set.
- Once set, remove the bars from the pan, cut, and serve.
If you have chocolate left over, you can even dip the bottoms of the bars into the remaining chocolate, then chill bottom side up on parchment paper in the refrigerator to set – YUM!