For those that hate kale, bok choy has a mild, borderline sweet flavor that makes it a great gateway green for people trying to get more leafy vegetables into their diet. Plus, when comparing it to kale, bok choy has similar amounts of vitamins and antioxidants – minus the bitterness.
- 6 heads of baby bok choy
- Olive oil (or oil of your liking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut each bok choy head in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet
- Lightly drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toass to coat.
- Roast the bok choy cut side down for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes flip each bok choy over and roast for another 5 minutes.
Serve as a side with chicken or pork.