Spring into healthy eating with this delicious salad packed with protein and fresh fruit!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- To create the dressing, combine the sugar, red wine vinegar, water, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- To make the salad, combine romaine, arugula, strawberries, blueberries and onions in a bowl. Toss gently.
- Place about 2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates. Drizzle about 4 teaspoons dressing over each serving.