Better than Apple Pie – Apple Pizza
Crisp & Clean Green Juice
Roasted Garlic Clove Chicken
|Total time:||45 mins|
|Prep time:||10 mins|
|Cook time:||35 mins|
The benefits of garlic without the intense flavor – simple and delicious.
Twenty cloves of garlic may seem like a lot, however when it is slowly roasted and left whole the result is a creamy, spreadable clove that imparts a sweet garlic flavor without being overwhelming.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half, rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 20 cloves of garlic, peeled (See How to Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than 10 Seconds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ½ cup low sodium chicken stock
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken liberally and allow it to come to room temperature on a cutting board while you prepare the garlic.
- In a large ovenproof saute pan over medium heat, cook the whole garlic cloves in olive oil and butter, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium high and brown the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, sprinkle on Herbes de Provence.
- Add the garlic back to the pan and place hot pan in oven. Bake the chicken until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove chicken breasts and garlic from the pan and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and sprinkle the drippings with flour and stir to incorporate.
- Deglaze the pan with the stock and lemon juice. Pour the sauce over the chicken on the platter. Spread the roasted garlic on the bread and use it to soak up the sauce.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.