This light juice will help you ease your way into juicing fresh fruits and vegetables.
According to Stacy Kennedy, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN and Nutritionist with rebootwithjoe.com “Cabbage contains sulfur based compounds and other phytonutrients that can promote natural detoxification in the liver. Cabbage’s plant compounds do this by “turning on” more proteins that make enzymes which are responsible for helping to package up and carry waste safely out of your liver then through your bloodstream to be eliminated from your body.”
For more information about this and other juice recipes visit Reboot with Joe.
- 1 large wedge of green cabbage
- 2 small pears
- 1 bunch romaine leaves
- 1” ginger root
- Wash all of your ingredients thoroughly.
- Cut the pears in half and remove the cores.
- Cut the cabbage wedge and pear into cubes that will fit in the tube of your juicer
- Peel the ginger root (tutorial at http://shine.yahoo.com/video/peel-ginger-123000256.html). You can store peeled ginger root in a zip top bag in your freezer for use later.
- Place all of the ingredients into your juicer.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.