A great spring/summer salad when beets are growing in abundance.
I like my roasted beet salad warm or room temperature. Hot will melt blue cheese.
- 1 bunch of red and yellow beets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Rub the beets with olive oil and roast in oven at 350 for 1 hr. until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and honey in small bowl to make the dressing.
- Once beets are cooked, let them cool so that they can be handled. Peel and quarter the beets.
- Add crumbled blue cheese and coarsely chopped pecans over the beets.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.