A classic breakfast made even better.
I’m an avid Oatmeal fan. I enjoy it year around and got bored with the same old taste. After reading up on the benefits of maple syrup, I simply substituted sugar for honey and maple syrup.
- ½ cup steel rolled oats, or quick oats (if you’re lazy like me)
- â…› teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Fist full of raisins (organic, if possible) – approximately ½ cup
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon clover (or fire weed) honey
- 1 cup water (for steel rolled oats) or 1 cup boiling water (for quick oats)
- Steel rolled oats – prepare per label directions. (I do not use Salt. One may use salt if deemed necessary I do not add salt to any of my meals).
- When steel rolled oats are finished cooking, add remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and enjoy.
NOTE: For quick oats – combine all ingredients in a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Mix thoroughly and enjoy.