Beef is not on the liver-friendly list, but you shouldn’t miss out on Taco Tuesday. This amazingly flavorful taco “meat” made with quinoa, smoky seasonings, and salsa is a healthy substitute for ground beef (just 9 ingredients)!
- 1 cup rinsed tri-color, white, or red quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
This taco meat is great in crispy or soft taco shells. For step-by-step instructions and reviews visit MinimalistBaker.com.