- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the garlic powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, thyme and salt in a small bowl.
- Preheat an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the rub over the tenderloin and rub the seasoning into the pork on all sides.
- Add the minced garlic to the heated skilled and saute, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Put tenderloin in the pan to allow the meat to sear. As each side browns turn the meat until the entire tenderloin is seared – about 8 minutes.
- Once seared, place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. (NOTE: If you don’t have an oven proof pan, just transfer the meat to a roasting pan before putting it into the oven.)
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.