Crisp and light – use any herb and spice combination you like. Pita chips can be eaten on their own as a snack or with your favorite dip.
Try any herbs and spices you like best to customize the pita chips to whatever you may be serving them with.
You’ll notice that measurements aren’t provided for the spices, that is because you’ll just be lightly sprinkling it on the pitas.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 whole wheat pitas (with or without pocket)
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Begin by cutting each pita in half and then into 8 wedges and place them onto large baking sheets so that they do not overlap.
- Using an oil mister, lightly mist the pitas just olive oil enough to allow the spices to stick (if you don’t have an oil mister, very lightly brush the pitas with the olive oil – sparingly).
- Lightly sprinkle the pita wedges with garlic powder, chili powder and salt.
- Bake approximately 8 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo, dip or hummus.