|Total time:||15 mins|
|Prep time:||15 mins|
Guacamole is quick, healthy, easy to make and tastes great. Just grab tortilla chips or make some pita chips of your own and you’re ready to enjoy
When choosing an avocado it should be heavy for its size and have no mushy spots. If the skin of the Haas avocado is green with black patches, it will be fully ripe and ready to use in 2-3 days. If you won’t be using an avocado right away, store it in the refrigerator to slow down the ripening process up to 5 days. When the skin of the avocado is almost black in color, it is ripe.
For those with a dislike of cilantro, try it without – just as delicious.
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seed and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. Reserve one pit.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until desired consistency. If you prefer a chunky avocado, leave it chunkier.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl (a reamer helps with this).
- Add salt, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic and cayenne pepper (if using) and mix gently to combine, but avoid breaking down the avocado into a paste (unless that’s the way you like it).
- Serve immediately or place the reserved pit in the bowl (this will help prevent the avocado from turning brown), cover the bowl with plastic wrap so that it touches the guacamole preventing air from touching the surface and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Remove the pit, and serve with tortillas or pita chips.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.