Liver-Friendly Potato Salad
|Total time:||13-18 minutes|
|Prep time:||3 minutes|
|Cook time:||10-15 minutes|
Adapted from Amanda Sloan’s Fresh Cuisine Recipe Book
As the days start warming up we look forward to outdoor cooking complete with great salads. This salad is reminiscent of German potato salad but omits the traditional bacon. Try it with turmeric for a great health boost!
- 4 large potatoes, cubed (about 1-inch)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder or turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Your choice of fresh, chopped herbs (2 tablespoons of fresh parsley work great!)
- Steam the potatoes until fork tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- In small bowl mix lemon juice, mustard or turmeric powder, cumin seeds (optional), and salt.
- Place the steamed potatoes in a large bowl, pour the lemon juice mixture over the potatoes, add the onions and garlic and stir gently to coat the potatoes. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool, pour over olive oil, add fresh herbs and stir well.
Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Check out other great recipes from the Fresh Cuisine Recipe Book, filled with sugar free and gluten free, vegan recipes.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.