Use as a topping or yogurt of fresh fruit adding additional protein and crunch.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup red or golden raisins
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nuts and raisins.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the honey, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt, and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute.
- Pour honey mixture over the oat mixture and toss until everything is coated and well combined.
- Pour mixture onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes and spreading into even layer to brown thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Crumble and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.