Often when we think of comfort foods they involve meat of some kind. If you’re looking to try some meatless options, these meatless meatballs should be at the top of that list.
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (rinsed, drained, dried)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced shallot
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh oregano (or substitute half the amount in dried)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake (reduce for less heat)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1-2 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce (optional // adds depth of flavor)
- Your favorite marinara sauce (optional, for serving)
If you’re looking for your next family dinner or Meatless Monday meal, check out the step-by-step instructions and reviews visit MinimalistBaker.com.