Welcome to LiverSupport.com
LiverSupport.com provides you with the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on liver diseases and concerns, news and original articles on how to protect and support your liver, liver healthy recipes and high-quality nutritional supplements that can support and improve your liver function.
You rely on your liver for over 500 essential functions. Below are just a few of the more important functions that this vital organ performs.
- Aids your digestive system. Your liver processes everything you eat and breathe. It produces and regulates the flow of bile, which enables you to digest and absorb fats and vitamins, as well as enzymes, hormones, immune factors, and cholesterol. Almost everything you ingest, from the air you breathe and the food you eat to the lotions you put on our skin, is processed by your liver.
- Your liver manufactures a variety of important proteins, enzymes, hormones and immune factors that you need in order to survive.
- It cleans your blood and removes toxins as well as a wide assortment of items that are harmful to your body.
- Acts as storage center, storing important substances such as iron, vitamins, minerals and glycogen until they are needed. When you blood sugar levels drop and your body requires energy quickly, your liver converts the stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your blood, so it can flow to where it is needed most.
With such important roles to play, it is absolutely critical to keep your liver healthy and functioning at maximum capacity. Even if you’re healthy, there are still ways that you can improve your liver function so you can live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Please take the time to browse our website. We encourage you to comment on our content, share your life experiences, and ask any questions you might have.
LiverSupport News and Updates
LiverSupport News & Original Articles
There are 13,427 antioxidants in just one cup of wild blueberries – and 9,019 antioxidants in a cup of cultivated blueberries. Antioxidants are vital in countering free radicals, the harmful byproducts of cellular metabolism that can contribute to cancer, atherosclerosis, liver damage and other age-related diseases. Read more.
Besides giving you a headache and heart palpitations, MSG (monosodium glutamate) might be contributing to obesity and a fatty, inflamed liver. Read more.
A cigarette’s harm goes beyond its associated clouds of smoke, especially for those with liver disease. Read more.
Simple and inexpensive, this no-flour recipe only has 4 ingredients! Read more.
Early summer is the season for fresh sweet corn in many areas. Make the most of fresh corn by using it uncooked in a salad. Read more.
Keratin is a fibrous protein forming the main structural constituent of both hair AND nails. The same foods that are good for your hair are also good for your nails! Read more.
Eating a lot of sugar can accelerate fat accumulation in the liver and initiate metabolic syndrome, but a new study may have found a way around this dilemma. Read more.
- Did You Know? Blueberries and Antioxidants
- New Link Between MSG and Fatty Liver
- Third-Hand Smoke Is a Liver Disease Foe
- Recipe: Gluten-Free Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Recipe: Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Did You Know? Hair and Nails Share This in Common
- New Research: Blocking Fructose from Causing a Fatty Liver
- Exercise for Chronic Liver Disease