Welcome to LiverSupport.com
LiverSupport.com provides you with the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on liver diseases and concerns, news and original articles on how to protect and support your liver, liver healthy recipes and high-quality nutritional supplements that can support and improve your liver function.
You rely on your liver for over 500 essential functions. Below are just a few of the more important functions that this vital organ performs.
- Aids your digestive system. Your liver processes everything you eat and breathe. It produces and regulates the flow of bile, which enables you to digest and absorb fats and vitamins, as well as enzymes, hormones, immune factors, and cholesterol. Almost everything you ingest, from the air you breathe and the food you eat to the lotions you put on our skin, is processed by your liver.
- Your liver manufactures a variety of important proteins, enzymes, hormones and immune factors that you need in order to survive.
- It cleans your blood and removes toxins as well as a wide assortment of items that are harmful to your body.
- Acts as storage center, storing important substances such as iron, vitamins, minerals and glycogen until they are needed. When you blood sugar levels drop and your body requires energy quickly, your liver converts the stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your blood, so it can flow to where it is needed most.
With such important roles to play, it is absolutely critical to keep your liver healthy and functioning at maximum capacity. Even if you’re healthy, there are still ways that you can improve your liver function so you can live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Please take the time to browse our website. We encourage you to comment on our content, share your life experiences, and ask any questions you might have.
LiverSupport News and Updates
LiverSupport News & Original Articles
Using organic ingredients, this can be eaten as a snack or a dessert and contains no refined or added sugar. Read more.
Providing the gastrointestinal system with beneficial bacteria could be part of a winning strategy to defeat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Read more.
Also known as sea vegetables, seaweed is an amazing detox food! Read more.
When living with liver disease in one of these (or similarly toxic) occupations, it is important to take precautions. Find out the four primary routes for welcoming toxins into the body while in the workplace and which 13 jobs are known to expose workers to a considerable amount of toxicity. Read more.
The ancient Greeks used onions to strengthen athletes before competing in the Olympic Games by eating plentiful amounts of this vegetable, drinking it as a juice, and even rubbing onions on their bodies. Read more.
Author: Adapted from Ellie Krieger Recipe type: Entree Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 28 mins Total time: 33 mins                 Ingredients 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt 1 1/4 […] Read more.
There are several reasons why drinking water benefits the liver – and these four times of the day are the best to reap those benefits. Read more.
- Recipe: Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bars
- Probiotics and Synbiotics Battle Fat in the Liver
- Did You Know? Seaweed and Detoxification
- Dealing with Toxicity in the Workplace
- Did You Know? Onions and Olympics
- Recipe: Pork Tenderloin with Seasoned Rub
- For Your Liver’s Sake: The Best Times to Drink Water
- What You Need to Know About Jaundice