Welcome to LiverSupport.com
LiverSupport.com provides you with the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on liver diseases and concerns, news and original articles on how to protect and support your liver, liver healthy recipes and high-quality nutritional supplements that can support and improve your liver function.
You rely on your liver for over 500 essential functions. Below are just a few of the more important functions that this vital organ performs.
- Aids your digestive system. Your liver processes everything you eat and breathe. It produces and regulates the flow of bile, which enables you to digest and absorb fats and vitamins, as well as enzymes, hormones, immune factors, and cholesterol. Almost everything you ingest, from the air you breathe and the food you eat to the lotions you put on our skin, is processed by your liver.
- Your liver manufactures a variety of important proteins, enzymes, hormones and immune factors that you need in order to survive.
- It cleans your blood and removes toxins as well as a wide assortment of items that are harmful to your body.
- Acts as storage center, storing important substances such as iron, vitamins, minerals and glycogen until they are needed. When you blood sugar levels drop and your body requires energy quickly, your liver converts the stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your blood, so it can flow to where it is needed most.
With such important roles to play, it is absolutely critical to keep your liver healthy and functioning at maximum capacity. Even if you’re healthy, there are still ways that you can improve your liver function so you can live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Please take the time to browse our website. We encourage you to comment on our content, share your life experiences, and ask any questions you might have.
LiverSupport News and Updates
LiverSupport News & Original Articles
Brussels sprouts are prescribed to improve digestive health In Chinese medicine. Read more.
Putting in the extra effort to detoxify your liver can significantly improve your liver’s health, but be aware of which cautions might apply. Read more.
Brussels sprouts are in season in October and you can sometimes find them in your local market still on the stalk. Brussels sprouts, like other cruciferous vegetables can help with detoxification. While some may find Brussels sprouts not palatable, roasting fresh sprouts brings out a sweeter side and decreases their sometimes bitter/earthy flavor. Read more.
For those facing end stage liver disease, attempts will be made to improve the fairness of liver transplant allocation. Read more.
"People with a serious allergy to latex may also experience symptoms after eating avocado." Read more.
Food is medicine – eating the right ones are essential for a liver detox diet. Read more.
Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and return at the end of the day with a hearty meal. Read more.
- Did You Know? Brussels Sprouts and Digestion
- Cautions to Heed Before a Liver Detox
- Recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Liver Transplant Inequity
- Did You Know? Avocados and Allergies
- 8 Great Foods for Detoxing the Liver
- Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Provençal
- Liver Cancer Thwarted by Specialized Radiation