Welcome to LiverSupport.com
LiverSupport.com provides you with the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on liver diseases and concerns, news and original articles on how to protect and support your liver, liver healthy recipes and high-quality nutritional supplements that can support and improve your liver function.
You rely on your liver for over 500 essential functions. Below are just a few of the more important functions that this vital organ performs.
- Aids your digestive system. Your liver processes everything you eat and breathe. It produces and regulates the flow of bile, which enables you to digest and absorb fats and vitamins, as well as enzymes, hormones, immune factors, and cholesterol. Almost everything you ingest, from the air you breathe and the food you eat to the lotions you put on our skin, is processed by your liver.
- Your liver manufactures a variety of important proteins, enzymes, hormones and immune factors that you need in order to survive.
- It cleans your blood and removes toxins as well as a wide assortment of items that are harmful to your body.
- Acts as storage center, storing important substances such as iron, vitamins, minerals and glycogen until they are needed. When you blood sugar levels drop and your body requires energy quickly, your liver converts the stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your blood, so it can flow to where it is needed most.
With such important roles to play, it is absolutely critical to keep your liver healthy and functioning at maximum capacity. Even if you’re healthy, there are still ways that you can improve your liver function so you can live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Please take the time to browse our website. We encourage you to comment on our content, share your life experiences, and ask any questions you might have.
LiverSupport News and Updates
LiverSupport News & Original Articles
Saying goodbye to canned foods, ice cream, potato chips and more is the best bet for someone with a compromised liver. Read more.
It is important to understand what causes malnutrition, what nutrients are most commonly deficient, how best to treat this complication and restore an acceptably healthy nutritional status. Read more.
While frozen berries add to the texture of this smoothie, using fresh berries when they are in season (and inexpensive) is optimal. Read more.
Don’t depend on the FDA for your safety. Know which synthetic food dyes may be harmful to your liver. Read more.
Not only beneficial for adding sweetness to this smoothie, as a prebiotic/probiotic it is thought to support floral balance in the digestive tract by delivering healthy bacteria and supporting “good bugs” nutritionally. Read more.
UltraThistle® and Clinical LiverSupport are two of the best liver health supplements that money can buy. Which one is best for you? Read more.
- Did You Know? Top Foods to Avoid
- The Catch-22 of Chronic Liver Disease
- Recipe: Peanut Butter, Oat, Berry Smoothie
- Impact of Food Color on the Liver
- Recipe: Chocolate, Strawberry Green Smoothie
- Did You Know? Top New Year’s Resolutions
- Top Liver Supplements: UltraThistle® vs. Clinical LiverSupport
- Does the Liver Benefit from Coconut Oil?