Welcome to LiverSupport.com
LiverSupport.com provides you with the most up-to-date, comprehensive information on liver diseases and concerns, news and original articles on how to protect and support your liver, liver healthy recipes and high-quality nutritional supplements that can support and improve your liver function.
You rely on your liver for over 500 essential functions. Below are just a few of the more important functions that this vital organ performs.
- Aids your digestive system. Your liver processes everything you eat and breathe. It produces and regulates the flow of bile, which enables you to digest and absorb fats and vitamins, as well as enzymes, hormones, immune factors, and cholesterol. Almost everything you ingest, from the air you breathe and the food you eat to the lotions you put on our skin, is processed by your liver.
- Your liver manufactures a variety of important proteins, enzymes, hormones and immune factors that you need in order to survive.
- It cleans your blood and removes toxins as well as a wide assortment of items that are harmful to your body.
- Acts as storage center, storing important substances such as iron, vitamins, minerals and glycogen until they are needed. When you blood sugar levels drop and your body requires energy quickly, your liver converts the stored glycogen into glucose and releases it into your blood, so it can flow to where it is needed most.
With such important roles to play, it is absolutely critical to keep your liver healthy and functioning at maximum capacity. Even if you’re healthy, there are still ways that you can improve your liver function so you can live a longer, happier, and healthier life.
Please take the time to browse our website. We encourage you to comment on our content, share your life experiences, and ask any questions you might have.
LiverSupport News and Updates
LiverSupport News & Original Articles
A world record: Janet Harris of Sussex consumed 7,175 peas in a minute – with chopsticks nonetheless! Read more.
Two different types of supplements offer gut support for those with liver concerns. Read more.
Creamy, rich and filling. Using UltraNourish vegetarian, superfood, protein shake mix, it's so good you wouldn’t think it has healthy ingredients! Read more.
We wash our hands to keep clean and prevent the spread of infection, but hand washing might also pose a liver cancer risk. Read more.
Using leftover Thanksgiving Turkey is always a challenge. Instead of the traditional turkey sandwich try this healthy soup with chunks of butternut squash and you can even use leftover corn. Read more.
Did you know that a bio-artificial liver is currently in human trials? Similar to how hemodialysis can be a lifesaver for those with kidney failure, the bio-artificial liver can do the same for those facing liver failure. Read more.
Over the past decade, various observational studies and clinical research projects have concluded similarly, that coffee consumption is associated with reduced hepatic fibrosis in those with chronic liver disease. Read more.
A common probiotic has been shown to minimize lipogenesis and promote lipolysis – complementary actions that both prevent and reverse fat from accumulating in the liver. Read more.
- Did You Know? Most Number of Peas Eaten
- Improve Your Gastrointestinal Health with Probiotics and Digestive Enz
- Recipe: Apple, Banana, Nutter Smoothie
- Do Antibacterial Soaps Impact Your Liver?
- Recipe: Leftover Turkey with Squash Soup
- The Holy Grail of Advanced Liver Disease Treatment
- Did You Know? Coffee Is Good for Your Liver
- Study: Probiotics Exert Dual Action to Aid a Fatty Liver