Sweet meets savory in this wonderful combination of strawberries, walnuts, spinach and homemade balsamic dressing.
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (To take the “bite” out of raw onion, check out this TIP from thekitchn.com)
- 1 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach (or spring mix – whatever you prefer)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced chicken (optional)
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is emulsified.
- Place your spinach and onions (and chicken if desired) into a medium bowl. Add a small amount of dressing and toss adding more dressing if needed to lightly coat the greens.
- Add your strawberries and walnuts (and crumbled feta if desired) to the greens and lightly toss.
- Drizzle on additional dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.