Dragon Fruit Shields Against a Fatty Liver
6 Ways to Manage Stress for Better Liver Health
6 Tea Ingredients to Help Detox Your Liver and Aid Digestion
Time for a liver detox? Brew this organic tea to remove liver congestion and soothe your digestive system.
Responsible for dozens of vital functions like detoxifying the blood, producing bile and metabolizing nutrients, the liver is considered part of the digestive system. Those with a congested or toxic liver are likely to have many health complaints, including difficulty with digestion. Many with a compromised liver care for their liver’s health with detoxification herbs and foods, but digestive discomfort like heartburn, nausea, flatulence and bloating are rarely addressed simultaneously.
However, there is now a tea that helps to detoxify the liver AND relieve digestive discomfort.
Although they frequently go together, liver disease is not a prerequisite for having a congested liver. Liver disease encompasses a number of health conditions that harm liver cells, which creates inflammation and may eventually leaves scars where functioning liver cells used to be. Inflammation and/or scarring congests the liver, rendering its ability to detoxify the blood impaired. However, having liver disease is not the only way to create liver congestion. A weekend binge of consuming fatty, sugary and processed foods or drinking alcohol can also cause inflammation in the liver.
When someone’s liver is congested, detoxification is a route toward relief. Improving circulation in the liver reduces congestion, improving its ability to remove toxins from the blood.
Typical Symptoms of Liver Congestion
- Mental fogginess
- Poor digestion
- Abdominal bloating or tenderness
In addition to helping relieve these symptoms, liver detoxification also improves overall liver health and function.
Liver Detox Tea
There are many foods, herbs and supplements that support liver detoxification, although some are more powerful than others. Designed specifically to help decongest the liver, remove toxins and relieve digestive discomfort, Liver Detox Tea utilizes the top six herbs for this purpose. Because herbicides and pesticides used in conventional farming adds to the liver’s toxic load, Liver Detox Tea smartly combines organic ingredients only.
6 Ingredients in Liver Detox Tea
- Milk Thistle – The undisputed top herb for protecting the liver, milk thistle helps strengthen the walls of liver cells – making them more resilient to inflammation and protecting them from toxicity.
- Dandelion Root – Much more than a common lawn weed, dandelion stimulates the production of bile and its flow between the gallbladder and liver to relieve liver congestion.
- Chicory Root – In addition to stimulating circulation in the liver, chicory root contains inulin, which is a prebiotic that helps improve gut digestive flora. Inulin combats a number of intestinal and digestive issues, such as acid reflux and indigestion because it actively reduces the body’s acidity.
- Burdock Root – Used frequently as a blood purifier by Ayurvedic medicine practitioners, burdock root stimulates bile flow while helping a congested liver by detoxifying the blood.
- Fennel Seed – Used to treat gastrointestinal discomfort in Chinese, Indian, Egyptian and Greek civilizations for centuries, fennel seeds are a carminative – meaning they help prevent or remove gas from the intestines. As the primary ingredient in the traditional decoction called ‘gripe water,’ fennel seeds are most widely known as a remedy for gas in infants.
- Coriander Seed – Another herb with carminative properties, coriander seed is used for digestion problems including relieving gas, loss of appetite, indigestion, nausea and heartburn.
Brewing a cup of Liver Detox Tea is simple, yet its rewards are great. Sipping on this brew will assist the liver in its detoxification responsibilities, improve liver function and reduce gastrointestinal discomfort. A wise choice to periodically decongest the liver for those with chronic liver issues or to recover from an episode of poor food and beverage choices, Liver Detox Tea is an easy way to cleanse this valuable digestive organ.
https://draxe.com/dandelion-tea/, Dandelion Tea for Liver Detox, Healthy Skin & Stomach, Retrieved July 24, 2016, DrAxe.com, 2016.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/443060-is-fennel-seed-good-for-the-digestive-system/, Is Fennel Seed Good for the Digestive System?, Solomon Branch, Retrieved July 24, 2015, Demand Media, Inc., 2016.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_inulin_food_ingredients.html, Inulin: Friend or Foe?, Patty Donovan, Retrieved July 24, 2016, Natural News Network, 2016.
http://www.naturalnews.com/041944_liver_function_detox_medicinal_herbs.html, Five herbs your liver will love - detox, boost function and more, PF Louis, Retrieved July 24, 2016, Natural News Network, 2016.
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-chicory.html, Health Benefits of Chicory, Retrieved July 24, 2016, Organic Information Services, Pvt, Lt, 2016.
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-117-coriander.aspx?activeingredientid=117&, Coriander, Retrieved July 24, 2016, WebMD, LLC, 2016.