Easy Vegan Paella
Roasted Beet Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Refreshing Watermelon Salsa
|Total time:||10 mins|
|Prep time:||10 mins|
|Serving size:||1 cup|
Looking for a delicious, seasonal, light alternative to the usual salsas and summer side dishes? Watermelon salsa is a wonderfully fresh accompaniment to chicken or fish – and is even great on its own with some chips!
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup red onion, small dice
- 2/3 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced (remove seeds if you prefer less heat)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Simply toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. You can either serve immediately or chill if you prefer it cold.
My mother made this recently and it was such a great way to use up the huge watermelon she had. Delicious! I ate it with tortilla chips but I could see how it would be great as a side.