Fresh Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
Creamy Roasted Parsnip Soup
Pulled Sweet Potato Sandwiches
|Total time:||30 minutes|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Serving size:||About 1/2 cup|
Adapted from Yup, it’s Vegan
A pulled barbecue sweet potato sandwich even carnivores love!
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes shredded – approximately 2 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Sandwich buns, toasted
- Cole slaw or pickled cucumbers (optional)
- One 8.5 oz package of cole slaw (of course you can shred your own red and green cabbage)
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- Pinch of salt
If you’re making the cole slaw or pickled cucumbers, do this first so they have time to sit allowing the flavors to meld. (See below)
Heat a deep sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add oil and shredded sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper tossing the potatoes to coat them evenly.
Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes, tossing them frequently until they are lightly browned. Do not over cook as the potatoes will become mushy.
Once browned add the barbecue sauce and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until cooked to al dente.
Serve the pulled sweet potato on the toasted bun with your choice of toppings.
For the cole slaw or pickled cucumbers
- Mix all cole slaw or all pickled cucumber ingredients above and let sit until ready to serve on your pulled sweet potato sandwiches.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.