Avoid using the chemical cocktails you’ll find on store shelves for cleaning. By creating your own you eliminate the toxins, create scents you love, and save money, too!
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap, Baby Unscented
- 10 drops of essential oil
- Distilled or filtered water
- Special tools: 8-10 ounce Foaming hand soap dispenser
Essential Oils to Try:
- Lemon essential oil can be used for both hand and dish soap (it helps cut through grease)
- 5 drops Peppermint oil and 5 drops of Tea Tree oil helps to remove bacteria and viruses from your hands and can be used on surfaces for cleaning
- Lavender essential oil is great for kids
- Fill your foaming hand soap dispenser 1/4 of the way with Castile soap.
- Add essential oil.
- Slowly add water to fill the bottle leaving enough room for the pump (about 1 inch from the top).
- Add the pump lid, swirl the bottle to mix, and use.