Who is at Risk for Developing Liver Fibrosis?
Risk factors for developing liver fibrosis are as follows:
- Chronic infection with hepatitis B or C virus
- Gender (fibrosis occurs more rapidly in men than in women)
- Age (people over 50)
- Compromised immune system (due to coinfection with HIV or use of immunosuppressive drugs after a liver transplant)
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Fatty liver (steatosis)
- Insulin resistance (the condition in which the cells of the body become resistant to the effects of insulin, that is, the normal response to a given amount of insulin is reduced. As a result, higher levels of insulin are needed in order for insulin to have its effects)
7 Critical Foods That Are Crucial For Your Liver Health and Important To Detox Your Liver
If you’ve ever wanted to know the 7 most critical foods to eat to pump up your liver’s detox engine, to trim fat from your liver, to reduce your liver inflammation, to SUPER CHARGE your liver and gallbladder health... and will leave your taste buds BEGGING for more... please keep reading.